Last summer, when I came across a Time magazine article listing former President Obama’s favorite books of this summer I was inspired to create my own. So once again, here’s my five favorite books from this summer.
- Empty Planet: The Shock of Global Population Decline by Darrell Bricker and John Ibbitson
- Smilla’s Sense of Snow by Peter Høeg
- In the Ruins of Empire: The Japanese Surrender and the Battle for Postwar Asia by Ronald H. Specter
- The Darkening Age: The Christian Destruction of the Classical World by Catherine Nixey
- The Radioactive Boy Scout: The True Story of a Boy and His Backyard Nuclear Reactor by Ken Silverstein
This year I’d also like to add one honorable mention. It was hard to post this list without including Juliana Barbassa’s Dancing with the Devil in the City of God: Rio de Janeiro on the Brink. Therefore, I had no choice but to include it as an honorable mention.