I’m guessing if you’re reading this, you’re probably thinking about having me review your book. First of all, if that’s true, I’m flattered. Second of all, before you contact me in hopes that I’ll review your book, please read carefully the review policy I’ve outlined below.
- As you can hopefully tell from reading it, my blog is almost exclusively devoted to non-fiction. My focus is mainly restricted to comparative religion, history, international relations/area studies, biographies, current affairs, narrative non-fiction and some memoirs. I also have a fond weakness for books from university presses.
- While my passion is non-fiction I occasionally feature works of fiction. This is restricted to the classics (both modern and not so modern), translated fiction and fiction from authors outside the United States and Canada.
- I will not read, let alone review young adult fiction (YA), true crime, romance, self-published/vanity press editions, self-help, spiritual odysseys/manifestos, chick lit and mass-market detective fiction.
- Nothing involving vampires, zombies or werewolves. No exceptions.
- No PDF or electronic editions of anything. I’m old school and that means books only.
- Even though you contact me and I agree to accept your book, there’s no guarantee that I’ll read it, let alone review it. All review copies that I receive become my property and I will do with them as I see fit.
- Regrettably, I cannot respond to all letters and email messages.
- Right now I’m not accepting any review copies, but this could change in the near future. I’ll update this page if and when that time comes.