Yes, I'm about two months late in posting this, but here is a list of the top ten books I've read through June of this year. It was not easy choosing ten, but these books kind of stood out from all the others. Here they are in no special order.
So, in the immortal words of the Joker, "And here we…go"
- A Voyage Long and Strange: Rediscovering the New World by Tony Horwitz
- God's Problem: Why the Bible Fails to Answer Our Most Important Question-Why We Suffer by Bart Ehrman
- Rome Inc.: The Rise and Fall of First Multinational Corporation by Stanley Bing
- Julius Winsome: A Novel by Gerard Donovan
- God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything by Christopher Hitchens
- Freethinkers: A History of American Secularism by Susan Jacoby
- The Shia Revival: How Conflicts Within Islam Will Shape the Future by Vali Nasr
- Jesus Interrupted: Revealing The Hidden Contradictions In the Bible by Bart Ehrman
- Midnight at the Dragon Cafe by Judy Fong Bates
- The Way of the World: A Story of Truth and Hope in an Age of Extremism by Ron Suskind
Of course, I will be back at the end of the year with my favorites of 2009.